Two Day Conference at RUSI
27-28 May 2008
The following conference is likely to be of interest:
This year RUSI’s Politics and Terrorism Conference will offer a wide-spectrum analysis of the developments in UK counter-terrorism policy since 2000.
Examining the various components of counter-terrorism activity, the conference aims to chart the development of policy and response to events. The objective is to provide delegates with a rich and broad perspective on the multifarious aspects of counter-terrorism policy and the various ways in which these components interact.
* Central Government strategy and organisation
* Developments in policing and intelligence
* Anti-terrorism legislation
* Community-level challenges
* Military contributions to UK counter-terrorism
* Foreign policy impacts on the threat from terrorism
* Lord Carlile of Berriew QC, Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation
* Susan Hemming, Head of Counter Terrorism Division, Crown Prosecution Service
* Professor Paul Rogers, Department of Peace Studies, University of Bradford
* Peter Clarke, Former DAC and Head of SO15 Anti-Terrorist Branch, Metropolitan Police
* Richard Norton-Taylor, Security Editor, The Guardian
* Margaret Gilmore, Writer, Broadcaster, Analyst. Associate Fellow, RUSI
* Professor Jim Waddington, University of Wolverhampton
* Detective Sergeant Ken Kirwin, Lancashire Constabulary Special Branch
For booking information, check the RUSI site here.